Welcome! The mission of our Religious Education Program at St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church is to look upon each child as created in the image and likeness of God and as a reflection of His goodness.
Realizing that God has created all things for His glory and our benefit, the challenge of being a living witness to the Gospel will be central to the development of each student. Therefore, at St. Peter the Apostle, understanding Jesus and His message is essential to knowing Him, loving Him, and serving Him in this world, so that we can be happy with Him forever in Heaven.
The core elements listed below form the foundation and strength of St. Peter’s Religious Education Program. With these we seek to cultivate the hearts, minds, and souls of our students to their fullest potential from 1st Grade thru Confirmation.
- Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture are the two components making up our Catholic Faith.
- Traditional Catholic Doctrine faithful to the magesterium of the church is taught.
- The promotion of frequent reception of the Sacraments of Penance and Holy Eucharist is stressed.
- Devotion to Mary is encouraged because she is the Mother of God and the Immaculate Conception.
- Studying the lives of the saints gives us examples of people with great virtue.
- The importance of prayer (Holy Hours, the Rosary, Novenas, and participation in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass) is stressed as a source for growth in the spiritual life.
It is important for all Catholic children to be registered with the Religious Education Office, even those attending a Catholic School or Homeschooling.
For additional information on St. Peter’s Religious Education program, contact Sister Margaret at the parish house at 610-372-9652 x13.