This celebration is a wonderful opportunity for a fifteen-year-old girl to reflect on the presence of God in her life. It is mainly a time of deepening and anchoring her Faith. This is a time of dialog with her family, a time of dialog with Christ and a time to learn to be strong in the surrounding, secular world. This is a special time to help her build solid foundations for her future and not deviate from her path to Holiness. She is to consider information that will help her discern between what is licit and what is moral, what can lead her to God and what can lead her to perdition.
In order for the Quinceañeras to occur in the church the family must be active in the life of our faith.
A family is considered active in the life of faith of the Church if:
- regular attendance at Mass
- regular attendance of religious education classes.
- family registered in the parish
- the Quinceañera needs to be involved in the youth program
The Quinceañera must have ALL this done and handed in two weeks before the date of the celebration to the Director of Religious Education:
- the Quinceañera will have a signature form for the Deacon or Father to date/sign after attending Mass.
- the Quinceañera must have received the sacrament’s of Baptism and First Communion=submit a copy of certificate if not done at St. Peter Church.
- must receive the Rite of Reconciliation (confession)
If the Quinceañera is lacking in any of these requirements, there will be no celebration.
There is only one monthly celebration for all the Quinceañeras in St. Peter the Apostle parish. As a community we celebrate the gift of life in our young ladies and welcome them to be more actively involved in our parish as they become Christian women. The date is generally the third Saturday of the month (at 1:00 P.M.) and always determined by the parish. They need to contact the parish house three months before the month of their celebration and attend a workshop. Contact Wanda Spring (Spanish ) at 610-372-2017 or Richelle Smith (English ) at 484-855-8144 four months in advance to register and start the process which includes mandatory participation in a workshop.